Marcus Berg was born in Washington, D.C. and grew up in Maryland. He graduated from Tulane University in 2001 with a double major in Finance and Information Systems. In 2005, he earned his Juris Doctorate from Tulane University Law School. Berg moved to Las Vegas in 2006 and became an attorney at one of Nevada’s largest Insurance Defense law firms. While there, Marcus focused in the areas of General Liability Defense, Corporate Law and Intellectual Property for three years prior to joining one of the largest Personal Injury law firms in Las Vegas.
In 2012, Marcus Berg and Boyd Moss joined together to found Moss Berg Injury Lawyers with the mission of helping people in the community take on insurance companies. Giving personal attention and treating everyone fairly is the goal at Moss Berg Injury Lawyers.
Berg currently focuses his practice on fighting for the rights of people injured in automobile accidents, trip and falls, slip and falls and worker’s compensation claims. Berg is admitted to practice in all Nevada state courts, Federal Court in Nevada and Colorado and has the rare distinction of being admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court. Marcus is a member of the Nevada and Clark County Bar Associations, Nevada Justice Association and American Justice Association. Berg has the highest distinction among attorneys with an AV Preeminent rating per Martindale Hubbel based on the reviews of his peer attorneys in Las Vegas. Berg has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 and Top 100 Lawyers in Nevada by The National Trial Lawyers, as well as “Legal Elite in Las Vegas” by Nevada Business Magazine.
Berg has successfully litigated hundreds cases. Once, over the span of three months, Berg successfully obtained three plaintiff jury verdicts at trial. Additionally, Berg has won hundreds of arbitration hearings and workers’ compensation hearings.
Berg enjoys playing softball, tennis and poker and is an avid sports fan.
Some notable recoveries Berg has obtained on behalf of his clients recently include:
• $1,000,000 for a neck and back injury as a result of a slip and fall in a casino
• $650,000 for a fall off a ladder
• $600,000 for the victim of a semi-truck crash
• $500,000 for an injury to a child caused by a homeowner’s negligence
• $500,000 for a back injury caused by a rear end crash where the defendant claimed he was hit by a phantom vehicle that fled the scene
• $450,000 for a slip and fall at a restaurant caused by a waiter not paying attention
• $300,000 underinsured motorist coverage settlement for car crash injuries