Peter Hunt, Esq., is a maritime attorney and personal injury lawyer at LaBovick Law Group. He began as a legal intern and got sworn into the Florida Bar as an attorney in 2013.
In law school, he earned several honors, including the St. Thomas University School of Law Merit Scholarship, Dean’s List, Florida Justice Association Awareness Award, Pro Bono Exceptional Service Award and the Silver Oar Award. He was also involved with the Maritime Law Society, was a volunteer for the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County and was a Florida Justice Association student member. He continues to stay involved with many of these organizations.
Peter is currently the Director of Maritime Injury Litigation at LaBovick Law Group. He has sat as first chair at numerous trials over the years representing people who have been injured due to the negligence of others. When not in the courtroom, Peter enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter.
J.D., St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami Gardens, Florida, 2013
B.S., University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio, 2007
Florida, 2013 U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2013 U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2014
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT/PROFESSIONAL & BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
· Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County volunteer
· Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League volunteer
· Florida Fishing Academy – Board of Directors Member (2014 – present)
· Palm Beach County Bar Association – Professionalism Committee Member (2015 – present), PI/Wrongful Death Committee Member (2015 – present, Chair 2019), Young Lawyer Section Member
· Florida Bar – Admiralty Law Committee Member, Young Lawyer Section Member
· American Association for Justice – Leaders Forum Member, Admiralty Committee Member, New Lawyers Division Member (2014 – present)
· Florida Justice Association – EAGLE Member, Board of Directors Member (2017 – present), Young Lawyers Board of Directors Member (2016-2018)
· Palm Beach County Justice Association – Board of Directors Member (2014 – present), Secretary (2018), Treasurer (2019)
· Florida Bar 5th Edition Maritime Law and Practice – Personal Injury and Wrongful Death of Passengers (2017)
· Florida Bar 6th Edition Maritime Law and Practice – Personal Injury and Wrongful Death of Passengers (2019)
· Palm Beach County Bar Association’s New Attorney’s Breakfast Panelist (2015 – 2018)
· Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Litigating Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Cases – The Rules Have Changed. Things You Need to Know for Trial – “How to Handle Collateral Source Setoffs – Medicare, Medicaid, etc.” (2017)
· National Business Institute – Auto Injury Litigation: The Ultimate Guide (Getting the Most out of Doctor Depositions, Medical Records and More; Pain and Suffering, Exacerbation of Pre-Existing Injuries, Loss of Earning, and Life Care Plans) (2017)
· FJA YLS Winter Ski & CLE in Park City, UT – Navigating Maritime Personal Injury Claims (2018)
· FJA Workhorse – Overcoming Major Legal Hurdles Breakout Session Moderator (2018)
· FJA Personal Injury Bootcamp 3 – Documents & Evidence Gathering (2018)
· FJA Personal Injury Bootcamp 4 – Experts: Who to Hire for What and What to do with Them?
· Super Lawyers Rising Star (2017, 2018, 2019)
· Best Lawyers in America – Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs (2020)